Thursday, February 19, 2009

What to do in your spare time...

So, I work full-time. I cook, I tend to the kiddos, I do my church stuff. Church has actually picked up since I became co-chair of the partying. I do a lot at church, trying to make up for 37 years of sinning, I guess. I also volunteer for the Red Cross one day a month, though I haven't had a call in a long while. So, how do I decide to spend my free time? I apply and get accepted to grad school. I know, you are thinking , "Grad school at your age?!?!?!" Yes, grad school at my age. I do have to take one teeny little exam, called the GRE, to finalize my acceptance. I have been studying for it quite a bit and have come to realize that there are a whole lot of words that I have never heard of. I am almost positive half the words on my practice exams are fake. So, I am going to have to work hard to get a good score on a fake test. I won't even get started on all the math I have apparently forgotten over the years. However, if I do well enough (and I anticipate at least squeaking by), I will start school in August. I am going for my master's in public health. Exciting, huh? I think so. I will have to trim areas where I am spending too much of my spare time, like during sleeping or eating. The good news is that it is a night program, so I can keep my full-time job. If you see me asleep at my computer, just poke me!

No comments:

Post a Comment